PLEASE NOTE: SUBMISSIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR THE 2012/2013 SEASON. WE WILL ANNOUNCE ON OUR BLOG AND SOCIAL MEDIA WHEN 2014 DATES HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED AND SUBMISSIONS REOPEN!
How do you become a part of Laugh Track Comedy Festival, you ask? Well, are you funny? Or do you have a good short film? You’re in! Laugh Track Comedy Festival is open to anyone looking to show a film or perform some stand-up… or both! Below is the information you need to submit a film and/or perform. Please keep in mind that the selection process is competitive, so we are not able to accommodate all performers or films. Be sure to submit your film or comedy before the May 13 deadline!
To Perform: If you are interested in performing stand-up during the festival, please submit online via our Eventbrite page by clicking below.
Alternately, you can download our PERFORMER APPLICATION and send in via snail mail. Follow the directions on the app and you’ll be all set. Please note: the deadline for performer applications is May 13, 2013.
LAUGH TRACK SUPPORTS STAND-UP, so it doesn’t matter if this is your second or 82nd time performing stand-up comedy, we want you to do your thing and make some people laugh.
Decisions will be made by June 1, 2013 and will be posted here on the website. And remember, we only accept comedies, so no sneaking in a horror for kicks… we scare easily.
Here are some things to remember while submitting:
- Screening submissions must be on DVD, region 1 or 0 in NTSC format.
- Please do not send any promotional materials with your submission. We’ll let you know what we need when your film is accepted.
- The festival does not accept works in progress.
- The exhibition formats for the festival are DVD or blu ray.
- All entered films grant Laugh Track Comedy Festival a non-exclusive limited use agreement to use film promotional materials to promote the festival and selected films to the industry and general public. Filmmakers fully retain all rights, title and interest in their films and all intellectual property.
- Selected films must provide their final exhibition copy to the festival at least 10 days prior to the festival. If your screener is to be used as the exhibition copy just let us know.
- Have a question about anything not covered here? Just ask!